Finance Officer – West Java Projects
1 position, based in Bandung
Role Purpose :
- Responsibility for the financial management of Bandung Sub Office activities and providing the financial services to Bandung Sub Office team member.
- Responsibility for the budget management of Bandung Sub Office activities, providing the budget monitoring, and provide technical assistance for budget proposals and its’ sequence modification to Program Managers in Bandung Sub Office
Reports to: Finance and Awards Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: Cashier (Bandung Sub Office)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the payments process of all West Java projects related expenditures:
- Responsible for making payments, accounting correctly for expenditures, accruals and prepayments. Checking that procurement procedures have been followed, adherence to donor regulations, advising on correct policies and procedures to be followed.
- · Ensure all payments are made in compliance with Save the Children International policies & procedures e.g. they are correctly authorised in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation, coded per relevant budget lines, are supported by relevant forms and documentation.
- · Issue and monitor the program advances, ensuring they are settled/ repaid in a timely manner.
- 2. Record and review of financial transactions related to programs activities and operations.
- Responsible for checking entries are complete, accurate, appropriately authorised and auditable before entering them on the financial system
- Enter Bandung Sub Office transactions onto General Ledger and Cash Offline Spreadsheet (GLACOS) on a daily basis, and send to CO in bi-weekly basis for further review and posting to Agresso FMS.
- 3. Ensure sufficient levels of cash are available according to program/operational needs.
- Assist Budget holders in preparation of cash requirement forecasts in line with budgetary requirements.
- Submit monthly cash forecasts and subsequent weekly cash transfer requests to the Treasury Analyst CO
- 4. Assist Finance and Awards Director and other stakeholders on budget management.
- Provide report and analysis the budgets vs actual expenditures (BVA) of all West Java projects to the budget holders.
- Provide timely reporting of BVA and spending trends and expenses to budget holders in order to use donor funds in the most efficient manner and avoid overspending.
- Identify errors and suggest reclassification of expenditures
- Update Bandung Other Direct Cost (Non-thematic costs) allocation
- Provide assistance to the budget holders for budget forecasting and budget modifications.
- Support preparation of donor financial reports.
- 5. Provide other financial and budget management support as and when required by Country Office or Program Managers :
- Liaise with budget holders regarding budgeting, monitoring and revisions to budgets contributing to and assisting with process/systems improvements to ensure efficient and effective financial management within an emergency program context.
- Field assistance for program events
- 6. Contribute to ongoing development of improved emergency response policy and practices.
- Education Degree in Accounting and/or Finance Management
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the same field
- 3 years experience working in non-profit environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and
- Fluency with AGRESSO Financial Management System is an advantage
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Experience with financial and grants management
- Ability to problem solve, show initiative and work independently
- Ability to response to requests, queries in timely manner
- Good information sharing/communication skills
- Demonstrate a good level of attention to detail
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to email@example.com
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format:
Closing date for application is up to 30 November 2014
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)